Supply and packing of all types and sizes of fire extinguishers
Fire Extinguisher: A metal cylinder filled with water or chemicals used to put out fires. This extinguisher is portable and easy to operate, and is mainly used to put out small fires before flames spread out.
Before starting to know the types of extinguishers, it is necessary to know the types of fires to use the appropriate extinguisher for them
Kinds of fires:
Firefighting experts divide the fires into four categories A, B, C, D, E (A-B-C-D-K), relying on the burning material.
A-A Fires of solid materials: They belong to category A, and include cloth, paper, wood, and certain types of plastics.
B-B Fires of Flammable Substances: They belong to Category B, and include flammable materials and liquids such as gas, oil and alcohol oils.
C-C electrical material fires: It is Category C, and it includes fires that affect household appliances and electrical transformers.
D-D Heavy Metal Fires: It is the D category of fires, which includes flammable heavy metals such as: Manganese, Aluminum, Titanium and other metals.
K- E plant fires: It is Category E fires, and it includes forest fires, trees, cooking oil, and animal fats.
Most of the fire extinguishers are marked indicating which category or categories they can be used.
Available types of fire extinguishers:
• CO2 extinguisher: It is used with all types of fires, except for metal fires, which are not considered suitable for them.
• Powder extinguisher: It is used to extinguish most types of fires, and it is the best extinguisher for extinguishing electrical appliances fires.
• Water extinguisher: It is used to extinguish fires of solid materials, such as wood, paper and cloth fires.
Foam Extinguisher: It is best to extinguish fires of flammable liquids, such as petroleum liquids and dyes.
How to use a fire extinguisher
1. Carry the extinguisher through the carrying handle only.
2. Remove the safety pin on the neck of the handle.
3. Direct the firefighter launcher directly into the flames.
4. Continue to direct the extinguishing material towards the flames, taking care to avoid lifting the hand from the operating lever until the flames are completely extinguished, or until the fire truck arrives
Supply and packing of all types and sizes of fire extinguishers Fire Extinguisher: A metal cylinder filled with water or chemicals used to put outMay 17, 2020